Jill Miller started Yoga Tune Up because she wanted everyone to be their own massage therapist. Her exercises make use of what she calls therapy balls which serve not just to relieve muscle pain but to also make the user feel good without having to result to pills or herbs.
In part 2 of our interview, Jill talks about the Pain epidemic and how it connects with obesity, why she doesn’t like comfort sofas or theatre seats, and her own recommendations and tips on how you can use her tools to fix your body.
“We have these accidents that inform us to transform us.” Jill Miller
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Jill describes metabolism as when every single cell of your body consumer energy correctly.
- Pain is a bigger epidemic than obesity. People who are obese are hiding a lot of body pain. They end up eating to help numb the pain.
- Low back pain number one reason people miss work. Standing desks help prevent back pain.
- We messed up our bodies by conforming to chairs, comfort sofas, or theatre seats.
- Self-care for your body is like brushing and flossing your jaw. Proper maintenance will make the body stronger and function better.
- Therapy balls will help you massage yourself like a massage therapist would. For the gut, she suggests her own Coregeous Ball for self-breathing rehab and emotional regulation.
- Her body-based approaches allow her and her clients to gain some emotional stability.
- Jill suggests at least 90 seconds per location in your body to make a satisfying change and be in a good mood. For self-pampering, she suggests 10-20 minute sessions.
- She refers to her therapy balls as Rubber drugs as the feel-good sensation you get is addictive and has no negative side-effects.
- If you have pain, you have to first acknowledge it to fix it.
- We have to start with our own unity of wellness by changing the way we breathe, standing or sitting, to find a more physiologically balanced place to come from.
Connect with Jill Miller:
Mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.
Visit our website or subscribe on iTunes today!